Parents, you are your child's first and most important teacher!
Children we Service
Spokane SLP has highly trained therapists who work with children having difficulties with:
- Expressive Language
- Receptive Language
- Auditory Processing
- Speech/Language difficulties due to hearing loss
*We do not provide services for children with feeding/swallowing difficulties.
Services for All Children
At Spokane SLP we are committed to providing excellent family centered , developmentally appropriate play-based services to include:
- Diagnosis of specific speech and/or langauge problems
- Communicate assessment results to parents/guardians
- Articulation (speech) therapy for children who are not producing their sounds correctly and age appropriately
- Therapy directed at improving receptive and expressive language skills to meet potential and/or age appropriateness
- Provide play-based therapy sessions
What Parents Can Do
- Play games
- Sing to/with your child
- Read to/with your child
- Talk about and describe how things sound, work, and feel
- Describe sequences. Talk about the steps involved in activities as you are doing them
- Ask questions!